Is the luck o’ the Irish with you? There’s only one way to find out! With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to start planning your celebration! Luckily, Hamilton has plenty of festive events and activities to keep you entertained. Whether you’re Irish – or Irish for the day – you’ll have lots to do! These are our top picks for those of you who are ready to have a little St. Paddy’s fun in The Hammer:
A Pint for Paddy
Hamilton is home to numerous pubs, bars, and restaurants that offer a festive atmosphere during St. Patrick’s Day. Perhaps March 17th is the perfect day for a pub crawl with friends and family? You can never go wrong with a delicious pint at spots like Firths Celtic Pub, Lionshead Pub, Ye Olde Squire or the Fool & Flagon. Of course, plenty of bars and pubs around the city have lots of fun in store for you:
- Head over to Corktown Pub to take in the longest-running St. Paddy’s celebration in Hamilton! The fun starts at 11 am with live music throughout the day from Ferguson young, Fried Bologna, and The Saints Are Coming.
- Fionn MacCool’s will be full of the Irish spirit – and spirits – with live music, special food & drink features and giveaways… If you’re feeling lucky!
- It’s never too early to get the celebrations started at The Powerhouse. The party lasts all day long with live music, a feature menu and more!
- Head over to one of Hamilton’s newest hot spots to celebrate! Plank Restobar will be serving up green sips and Irish “bits” – don’t forget to wear your finest green wares!
Feel the Spirit of the Irish
In the mood for some great entertainment while you celebrate? You’re in for a treat! Enjoy live Irish-themed performances from local bands and performers at one of Hamilton’s many music venues. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to fit a few in!
- St Patrick’s Day at The Westdale is a celebration that you won’t want to miss! Start with some laughs as you take in a set from Irish Comic Fiona O’Brien before busting your best Irish jig out to music from Celtic trio Scantily Plaid. Feeling thirsty? Don’t worry – there will be plenty of dark beer, Irish Whiskey & Irish Coffee on hand!
- There’s nothing quite like traditional Celtic music on St. Paddy’s! Enjoy a performance from Steel City Rovers at the Stoney Creek Legion while taking part in festivities in the clubhouse.
- Delicious Irish eats, cold beer, and live music – what more do you need? The Bean Bar has a special night planned with live music by Old Man Flanagan’s Ghost Seating is limited – save your spot early so you don’t miss out!
A little something for everyone!
While green beer might be top of mind when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day, there’s still lots of fun for the whole family to enjoy!
The Irish Canadian Club of Hamilton is a great place to visit on this special day! Join them for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations at The Clubhouse, where you’ll be able to learn more about Irish history, enjoy live music by Loralee and Friends & The Forde Brothers throughout the day, fun activities, treats, and more! Make sure you wear green for your chance to win great prizes!
If you – or the kids – are Tiger-Cat fans we have the perfect place for you to spend your day: Tim Horton’s Field! Stop by for the Tiger-Cat Alumni Association St. Patrick’s Day Party to enjoy live Irish music by Crosstown Traffic, $5 beer specials, and try your luck with the 50/50 raffle & silent auction in support of the HTCAA Dire Needs Fund and local youth football. Don’t forget to say hi to some Tiger-Cat greats!
Lace Up Your Running Shoes!
Keep the St. Paddy’s fun going with the 26th Annual St. Patrick’s Day 5KM Run/Walk on March 18th in support of Juravinski Hospital – a great way to get some exercise and support a worthy cause while celebrating! The race itself is followed by an exciting post-race party at Stonewalls, where participants can enjoy live music from Bill Craig, a member of the famous Irish Rovers band. Whether you’re a serious runner or just looking for a fun way to spend your Saturday, the St. Patrick’s Day 5KM Run/Walk is a great way to celebrate!
Whether you prefer to hit up the local pubs, attend a concert, or learn about Irish culture and history, Hamilton has something for everyone. So put on your green attire and get ready to celebrate! We’ll cheers to that!